ESS Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to ESS Clinic. ESS Clinic is dedicated to the protection of all personal information obtained from our patients, customers and suppliers. Our staff will ensure that we protect your privacy and implement processes and systems to ensure that any individual using our website has a safe, secure experience.
By using the ESS Clinic website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Data is used in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018. The act is enforced to control the way in which organisations use your personal information. ESS clinic is registered with Data Protection and all staff abide by the data protection principles, ensuring that all information and data is:
- used fairly and lawfully
- used for limited, specifically stated purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
- handled according to people’s data protection rights
- kept safe and secure
- not transferred outside the UK without adequate protection
Why do we collect data/personal information?
In order to provide a thorough and extensive service, ESS Clinic collects data that is relevant to the services that we provide. Amongst other information, this data may include any of the following:
- Date of Birth
- Contact Details
- Medical history
ESS Clinic will ensure that the minimal amount of data is collected from you, thus in line with the Data Protection Act principle – ‘used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive’.
ESS Clinic currently operate an online booking system. Please be assured that none of your payment details are held on our system.
How do we use this data/personal information?
ESS Clinic may collect and use the following kinds of information:
- Information about your use of this website
- Information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website
- Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services
- Send to you products that you purchase
- Send to you statements and invoices
- Request a payment from you
- Send you marketing communications
- Send you text reminders regarding appointments
- ESS Clinic will not be held responsible for any issues that arise directly or indirectly, when using our website.
- No information contained within the ESS Clinic website shall constitute a contract with any user.
- All information used within the website is for reference only and is subject to alteration without prior notice.
- ESS Clinic shall not be liable for any damages or losses resulting from the use of information displayed within this website.
- The ESS Clinic website may link to other websites that are deemed useful or relevant. ESS Clinic takes no responsibility for the content of any third party websites and shall not be held liable for any issues that occur on linked sites.
- ESS Clinic does not take any responsibility for data loss or damage to software or computer systems as a result of downloading material from the ESS Clinic website. This term applies even if we have advised that such damage may occur.
ESS Clinic may use your personal information to:
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, ESS Clinic will not keep any information for longer than necessary. When no longer required, data will be archived or destroyed unless required by ESS Clinic for legal, accounting, regulatory or auditory purposes or to protect the company’s interests.
ESS Clinic will never sell, trade or loan your personal information to any third parties. If we are ever required to do so, your written consent will be sought prior to proceeding. In addition, ESS Clinic may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend legal rights.
ESS Clinic handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
ESS Clinic may share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
ESS Clinic may share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record. You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
How do we secure your data/personal information?
ESS Clinic will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
All personal information provided will be stored on secure systems.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all information provided to ESS Clinic is accurate and kept up to date. You certify that you have read, understood and consented in full to the ESS Clinic privacy statement and authorise us to use the information as we see fit to improve the service offered to our patients and clients.
When using the ESS Clinic website you should do so at your own risk and by doing so, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions of use:
These terms apply regardless of device used to access the ESS Clinic website. ESS Clinic reserves the right to alter these terms at any time, without warning, as we see fit.
Updating this statement
Contact ESS Clinic
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or ESS Clinic’s treatment of your personal information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to respond as quickly as possible.